A Certified ScrumMaster® helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project’s overall success. CSMs understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. CSMs act as “servant leaders,” helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.
What are the benefits of a ScrumMaster certification?
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum.
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
As a CSM, you will be able to fill the role of ScrumMaster or Scrum team member. Through the certification process, you will gain an understanding of the Scrum framework, including team roles, activities, and artifacts.
With your CSM certification, you will also have access to a 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance. Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources.
Requirements for ScrumMaster certification
To earn your CSM certificate, you must take a CSM course from a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) or Endorsed Scrum Trainer (EST) and demonstrate your progress through our online CSM test.
The first step toward your CSM is familiarizing yourself with Scrum.
Then attend an in-person, two-day (16 hour) CSM course taught by a Scrum Alliance Authorized Trainer. After successfully completing the course, you will need to pass the CSM exam. To get a passing score, you must correctly answer 24 of the 35 questions. You will be eligible for 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) upon completion of this course.
After you pass the CSM exam, you will be asked to accept the License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
What do you do after you receive your CSM certificate?
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum principles and practices into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement. Further enhance your knowledge and skills by:
- Joining a user group.
- Sharing your experience with the Scrum Alliance community by contributing an article to our website.
- Attending Scrum Alliance Gatherings.
- Participating in the CSM LinkedIn Group.
- Deepening your knowledge in advanced Scrum topics by earning Added Qualifications.
- Gaining the experience and expertise to become a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
- Marketing yourself by letting others know about your accomplishments with a CSM certificate, CSM logos, and an active, editable profile on the Scrum Alliance website.
Become a CSM today! Call us now at 877-648-0004
Class timings: 9AM-5PM both days (training room doors open 8.45AM onwards)
Food: Coffee and Tea provided in the venue.
Price: Early Bird or Regular price includes Certification exam cost.
Stationary: Please bring notepads, pens and markers for your own use. Laptop is needed to access the PDF/electronic version of the study material provided during class. Laptop is needed to take the test on Day 2 of the event, if you decide to take the test on the same day. Wi-fi complimentary in house.